U-Wave Compatibility At a Glance
MobileCollect wireless now offers compatibility with U-Wave wireless transmitters.Why did we do this? While U-Wave is an excellent wireless product, it is not compatible with non-Mitutoyo devices. Companies that were “Mitutoyo only” when U-Wave was installed, can unexpectedly develop a need to collect data wirelessly from non-Mitutoyo gages.Previously, the only solution was to replace the entire U-Wave system (receivers and transmitters) with a MobileCollect wireless system.
This financially penalized the end user because even though they would continue using the same Mitutoyo gages, they had to replace all the U-Wave transmitters to be able to add the non-Mitutoyo gages.But now, MobileCollect and U-Wave transmitters can be installed on the same wireless system. This solution protects a significant portion of a company’s wireless investment because the U-Wave transmitters are still used with the Mitutoyo gages.Here’s how it works. Simply replace the U-Wave receiver with any MobileCollect Base receiver. Connect a MobileCollect transmitter to each non-Mitutoyo gage device and pair the U-Wave and MobileCollect transmitters to the new MobileCollect Base receiver.The process to send measurements from U-Wave and MobileCollect transmitters is the same, just press the READ button. Both transmitters types have LEDs that indicate a successful measurement transfer.Additional information on this new MobileCollect wireless feature is provided below and in the PDF flyer link. Contact MicroRidge if you have more questions on our U-Wave compatibility feature.
- Allows U-Wave and MobileCollect wireless transmitters to transmit gage measurements to the same MobileCollect Base receiver.
- U-Wave customers can add gages from Mahr, Starrett, RS-232 output devices and others to their wireless systems.
- Compatible with all data collection programs, including MeasurLink.
- Compatible with U-Wave-T, U-Wave-TM, and U-Wave-TC transmitter models.
- No modifications to U-Wave transmitters.
- No additional operator training required.
- Protects end-user investment in U-Wave transmitters, connectors, and cables.
- Each U-Wave-R receiver must be replaced with a MobileCollect Base receiver containing the RM2.4 Radio Module. Base receivers with the RM2.4 Radio Module were introduced in April 2016.
- Installed MobileCollect Base receivers containing the RM2.4 Radio Module can be field upgraded by the user to add U-Wave compatibility.
- MobileCollect receivers must have firmware version 5.57 or later.
- Base receivers with earlier firmware can be updated to version 5.57 in the field by the user.
- Pair U-Wave transmitter to MobileCollect receiver using Xpress Setup, Extended Setup, or “on-the-fly method (no setup program required).
- U-Wave output format option added to MobileCollect Xpress Setup and Extended Setup programs.
- Use Wedge/USB Base receiver to send data into Excel, Access, Minitab, and other programs without keyboard wedge software on your PC.
All U-Wave transmitter models are compatible with all MobileCollect Base receiver models.
- USB Base
- USB MicroBase
- Wedge/USB Base
- RS-232/USB Base
Setup Programs & Firmware Updates
All MobileCollect wireless product firmware and Setup Programs are available on our website for free download here.